4. Complete the DC LEAD incentive payment agreement
a. In order to receive the incentive, eligible child care educators must sign an incentive payment agreement with the DC LEAD program and their employer. To be paid, the child care educator will be required to provide the required information below to DC LEAD:
i. Completed DC LEAD application form
ii. Signed DC LEAD contract
Note: If you are a DC LEAD scholar, this will be included in your DC LEAD scholarship agreement
iii. Payment Information (Note: There are both banked and unbanked payment options)
- Direct Deposit: If you choose to be paid via direct deposit, the following information is required to complete the incentive payment
a. Bank name
b. Routing number
c. Account number
2. Check (via mail): If you choose to be paid via check, the following information is required:
a. Home address
Note: A paper check will be mailed to this address
iv. W-9 form
5. Upon DC LEAD application approval, recipients must sign an agreement that includes the following:
a. Agreement to remain employed in their current child development facility in a child development facility licensed by OSSE for one year.
6. Incentive payment will only be issued after all required information is provided and the DC LEAD incentive application is approved.
A first incentive payment will be made after six months and a second payment may be made at the end of the one-year agreement, contingent on continued employment and availability of funding.
Incentive Payment Amount
The incentive payment amount for child care educators who meet the minimum education requirements or are in a CDA or degree program to meet the minimum education requirements for the position they are currently in is up to $3,000 across a one-year period. The incentive payment will be distributed as up to two payments of $1,500.
For questions about the DC LEAD eligibility policy, please reach out SCF at DCLEAD@sechildrensfund.org.